Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching up with the kids: Harper


I love my little Harper girl. She is still a tiny peanut but has the most squeezable, chubby legs and cheeks. She has her first tooth, is rolling over, has moments of sitting up and is finding her voice, making the most random sounds all day long. She seems to like being out in the cold weather, but hates putting on her warm bear suit. Luke still is her favorite form of entertainment and she is glad he has only ever bitten her once. As far as personality, she is a complex baby. Often I get asked if she is always so smiley. That is hard to answer. She is a social gal. She makes friends with all kinds of strangers by shooting them smiles at the supermarket. As long as someone is holding her, she is the most easy-going, giggly baby, but she does not want to be put down for even one minute. My mother says I was quite the same. So I have a hard time describing her as an "easy" baby because she is attached at my hip, but I do love how she reacts to my voice and loves spending time with me. Being a second child myself, I am trying  to notice everyone of her little achievements, like I did with Luke. I might not to be able to obsessively photograph, blog and document each one of them, but I try to recognize them and express to her how amazing I think she is. We love our sweet daughter.

1 comment:

Laura Nyman said...

Yea, it does get tiring always carrying a baby (but a nice baby carrier like a wrap makes it not so bad). The really frustrating thing is when the baby is still screaming when being held. Those aren't fun parenting moments...

Cute baby! Thanks for all your updates.