Luke surprises us everyday with how much he is growing up. Coming to England, I was worried about how Luke would react to Rob. At first sight, Luke did give Rob a funny look (like why aren't you in our computer screen) but instantly hugged him and wanted his dad to hold him. Mom became second choice for a while as Luke figured out that Dad was the fun parent. I soaked in this freedom and didn't let it hurt my feelings because as every mother knows, as soon as that boy got sick all he wanted was to be cuddled by his mom.
Having his dad back in his life has significantly increased his capacity to handle change. He seems to be relatively unaffected by the move. He transitioned to a big boy bed and even threw away his pacifiers (mommy confession: I have allowed him to have a pacifier when he goes to bed up until a few nights ago even though the doc told me to ditch them at 18 months). Another big development, and I am sure many of you will not believe this, but Luke, yes our little boy, EATS! I am still in shock but this kid has developed a healthy appetite. Maybe he is trying to catch up on all the eating he has missed over the past two years. It is nice to not have to worry about that poor kids wasting away anymore. He is beginning to speak in full sentences and we get a kick out of what comes out of his mouth. The other day he ran into the room and exclaimed, "Luke likes green baby dinosaur yogurt." He throws a mean tantrum but also gives the sweetest kisses and often tells me "Love you Mom." Upon meeting Luke almost all of Rob's friends have commented on how he is a miniature Rob. We often think Luke belongs at a zoo, but love his little boy charm and personality.








1 comment:
How great! I can't wait to see Luke when you guys come back on your way to Grenada. Turner is changing so much too. I love all the things they are learning to do and say right now!
Post a Comment