Monday, February 9, 2009

Worst Mamma Award

Okay, I am finally ready to talk about it. So, back in December I did something that made me feel like the worst mom in the world. I am coming clean for my own personal history and posterity's sake. I was at Chandler mall doing some last minute Christmas shopping. I got out of my car, opened the back door, popped the trunk and pushed the automatic lock button. I pulled Luke's stroller out of the trunk and as I shut the trunk, Luke's door shut because I was parked on an incline. Of course everything was in the car: my keys, purse, cell phone, and most important, LUKE! I was completely stunned and tried, with no avail, to get the door opened. Luckily someone walked by and I frantically asked to use her cell phone. I called Rob, but he could not answer his phone at work so I left him a message. I then called the Fire Department and they rushed over. Little Luke was completely oblivious to the excitement as he slept soundly in his carseat. The fireman, with much patience, worked for 20 minutes trying to get my car opened without having to break a window. After many, many attempts, they taped up the window so that they could smash it in. Literally seconds before they smashed it, Rob came running up to stop them. He had gotten my message and left his job immediately to come to the rescue. We were so grateful for our knight in shining armor!   Of course, looking back, I can laugh at the whole situation, but at the time, I felt absolutely ridiculous. 

3 comments:

Amy G. said...

I'm glad you've come clean...now you can rest assured that every mamma has found herself in this scenario at least once in her life :)

The Turner Family said...

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing when Mia was about 4 months old and locked her in the car. I called 911 and they opened the door for me in about 5 min. I felt like the worst mom ever too. At least you did not do it on purpose. All is well.

Alishia said...

We've all been there!! It is a good thing it was December and not July!!