When I think of all the many ways that Grenada has blessed our lives, our Branch tops the list. We loved being a part of this amazing group of people. I met people that will forever change my perspective on what happiness and hard work are. I was constantly amazed at the strength of the local Grenadian and the students and how we would all work together to become more like Christ. Our last Sunday there I had to bring my camera. This was when leaving became really became real and I started to mourn all the things I would miss.
The view from our building. Most of the outer walls are half walls with iron work for the top half. This allows for sweeping views of Grand Anse Beach.
Sister Kim, one of Harper's Nursery Leaders
The men, always the first to start their meeting.
Luke in Primary. He loves being a Sunbeam so much.
His "Choose the Right" Bird who gets to move up the tree if he chooses the right each week.
Sister Cummings. Just called into Primary and one of the most amazing women in the world. The kids are going to love her!
Patty and Zu. These two women are part of a presidency that is making a huge impact on the Primary in the Branch.
Our friend James, giving his talk.
Rob's Young Single Adult Class, aka our Heros. Each week Rob went in to class to teach but we ended up being the ones learning. Many of them recent converts, yet their gospel knowledge and testimonies are strong and unwavering.
For Mother's Day, the Young Men pasted our these beautiful Tropical Flowers.
My sweet friend Nwanneka
Lyndzee and Simone Cummings. I loved being Simone's visiting teacher. She is the best story teller.
My friend and visiting teaching companion Gemma.
Lyndzee and the Williams ladies
Parting view of the church








2 comments:
I'm in tears now. What a marvelous post with fantastic pictures. I loved looking at all the wonderful familiar faces. You and your family along with the other students are such an asset to the branch. You were on a "mission" every bit as much as we were. It is terrific to see the YSA group picture. Primary looks amazing! I wonder so often about how things are going. Thanks for everything and best of luck as you move on!
I miss your sweet branch for you! Lovely people and rich culture. Reminds me of my good ol' Pennypack days rob can tell you all about. There were sectioned off areas of the chapel for Spanish Sunday School, potlucks in the hallways for farewells (why in the WORLD do we still not do that???), big pots of Puerto rican rice at all of them from Hermana Vega and the elevator ride to get up to the 3rd floor!
Post a Comment