BEST WEEKEND EVER. Yes, I can honestly say, that our trip to Carriacou turned out to be one of the most exciting, adventerous, and fun things I have ever done.
Excited, bright-eyed and kidless, the six of us boarded the Osprey Ferry, no idea what sort of weekend we were about to have. The ocean was angry that day and as we embarked the waves started tossing the ferry in a slow, slapping rythemed, a perfect storm for complete sea sickness. As we enjoyed the beauty of the Grenadian Coastline, we all started to feel the effects of the constant motion, like the shaky sway of a coin-operated ride. Rob was the first to toss his cookies, Peter soon followed. Lucky for Amber and I, we were down wind from Peter talking when it happened. This of course set off a domino effect as Amber and I both took our turns next. It was hilariously discussing. I have never laughed so hard while puking. The Durhams sat on the sidelines completely unaffected, but entertained.
I was so happy as we pulled into the harbor. I have not felt that type of motion sickness in a long time and I would have given anything to get off that boat. We walked a very short distance to our hotel Kim's Plaza. Since we are accustomed to Caribbean living, this hotel was perfect, with free A/C for only $38US per night. We then ate at a local restaurant, Sea View, which I proceeded to make sure and get all my sea sickness out of me. Feeling great, we took a taxi to Off the Hook Bar and Grill where Curtis agreed to boat us over to Sandy Island.
After a short and exhilarating boat ride, we landed on a small strip of sand in the middle of ocean. Easily one of the most beautiful places I have seen to date. Wild waves crash into one side and then still waters, great for snorkeling on the other. Besides one little family, we had the whole island to ourselves.
For dinner we hit up a La Playa, a place our taxi driver recommended, and it was perfect! It was a small, brand new burger shack right on the beach, with colorful decor, a steel drum band and crashing waves just a few steps away, not to mention, some of the most delicious cheeseburgers in the Caribbean.
We ended the day with a birthday party for Peter back at the hotel. Of course his sweet wife Amber baked him a cake that morning and packed it in her bags for the trip. Happy Birthday Peter!!!








1 comment:
Looks like so much fun!!
Post a Comment