When we lived in Newcastle, England, home of the Newcastle United Team, football (soccer) was a way of life. Often I would hear the roar of the stadium as I walked around the city. One time I asked Matt Cave, a Newcastle native, if he was a Newcastle United fan. He told me (with his English accent) "If you are born in Newcastle Michelle, you bleed Black and White." I just love the passion that all of Europe has for the sport.
I recently pulled out the football jersey that Rob had purchased for Luke to surprise him when we got to England. Now that it actually fits, Luke has become obsessed with it. First thing in the morning, he wakes up and brings it to me to put on him. He also loves his Newcastle United Ball. We may not bleed black and white, but after living there, we will claim Newcastle United as our own too.








1 comment:
Adorable. I can't believe how blonde Luke is! I guess it's all that time in the sun :).
Post a Comment