The first word that Luke learned to spell was L-U-K-E.
The second words he learned to spell was E-M-M-A.
Emma has been Luke's best buddy here in Grenada. She lived upstairs from us and these two were the bestest friends and the biggest trouble makers together. A few weeks ago we had to send Emma and her Mama back to the states to have her baby sister. Luke was sad to have his buddy leave. It just broke my heart telling Luke that Emma had to move away. For a few days after, everytime he heard a noise upstairs, he would jump up and yell "Emma". I had to tell him it was just Emma's daddy (who had to stay back to finish his last term on the island).
I was also sad to send Emma's mom Stefani home. She was supposed to be here a few more weeks so I felt a little robbed of our proper goodbye. I am going to miss having her upstairs for daytime company and late night talks. She really was the answer to many prayers that I said before coming here. She had been in Grenada for a year and a half and became an integral part of the branch. She made Grenada a better place and it will not be the same without her here.








No comments:
Post a Comment