Sunday, October 16, 2011

Isle of Spice Girls

Confession time: I am awful at cooking. When I asked Rob if he thought I was a bad cook his response was "You are so good at so many things." Nice. But hey, I cannot blame him. I have a few recipes that I make that are good but when it comes to trying new things I always seem to mess them up. And with the expense of ingredients here, I am rarely up for trying new meals. Luckily a few of my friends put together a once-a-week cooking class where we could get together and teach each other some of our best recipes and techniques. Really this is just an excuse to spend time with friends while the kids are at their play group, but I have picked up how to make some new recipes and have even been able to recreate them later for Rob. I think the egg rolls were my favorite (recipe here), but I am excited to do pies next week! Here are some pictures from our adventures in cooking.

No comments: