Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Edinburgh, Scottland

Our adventurous weekend started with a train ride to Edinburgh, Scotland. We took a taxi up to see the Edinburgh Castle then walked down the Royal Mile. We stopped along the way to admire the churches and closes and Rob took the kids for icecream while I did the Mary King's Close tour. Edinburgh is actually a city built on a city. As Edinburgh grew, instead of demolishing the old buildings, they just built on top of them, so you can go below into this underground city. It is pretty cool and quite creep as they are said to be haunted by those who died from the plague. As night set in and the fog covered the streets, the spookiness of the city came alive. After hearing some bagpipes and enjoying dinner we headed back to our hotel, but not before stopping for some deep-fried Mars Bars. Yum! As you can see, Harper wanted to make sure she got her fair share of the chocolate bar.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a cool place!

Erik said...

way cool.

Anonymous said...

You can't keep that girl from what she wants, huh? I like Luke's face next to the guard guy

MeganHowell said...

I love your outfit, you are such a stylish mama! These posts are great, I am so, so jealous of your life! I hope Andrew and I can travel someday with our kids!!! Keep up the posting:)