On Tuesday, January 12, 2010 a catastophic earhquake hit Port-au-Prince, the capitol of Haiti.

I am still trying to comprehend the devastation. With each picture I see or story I hear, my heart breaks.

The victims may come from another culture and speak another language, but their pain is just as real as ours. I can only imagine that when the earth started to shake and the walls crumbled down, mother's throughout Haiti thought only of their children and prayed for their safety.

When the shaking stopped people from around the world heard their cries and our common humanity brought out one of our most divine attributes: Christlike Charity.

I wish there was something more that I could do instead of sitting behind my keyboard. I wish I could give aid and comfort. I wish my hands could be the ones removing the rubble and lifting the fallen. For now, all I can do is give and pray and hope.
How to help:
100% of these donations go to help those in need.








2 comments:
our haiti posts are practically identical.
i really appreciate what you said on my blog michelle. it's kind of cliche, but really, NO ONE understands unless they've been there, in another country, living and breathing for other people. it was only for 4 weeks, but it still changed my life. i am glad we can understand eachother:)
Hey Michelle,
Do you know of any houses in your ward for rent??
Post a Comment