Saturday, January 23, 2010

What the what???

Any guesses what this could be???
Luke keeps getting these insane hives all over his body. There have not been any significant dietary, detergent, shampoo, diaper, or soap changes in our home. A little benadryl cream helps them go away within minutes. They do not seem to bother Luke at all, but they sure are scary looking. We have been racking out brains trying to figure out something that could cause them. Looking online, the pictures of hives for an Aspirin Allergy look exactly like Luke's. Even though we don't give him Aspirin, Salicylate, a major ingredient in Aspirin, is found in many fruits. We are going to go get him tested, but if anyone has seen anything like this, please let me know.

4 comments:

Ralae said...

That looks awful! I get hives like that whenever I take sulpha or pennicillian (I totally spelled that wrong). But, chances are you aren't giving him those medications. Sorry! I hope they go away.

Unknown said...

you poor mommy, seriously do you have to go through everything with him? poor kid. maybe right in a journal what he eats every day then highlight the part of the day he gets the rash? wish i could help. poor little guy!

Spring said...

Oh, that looks so sad. I hope you get it figured out soon. Kids sure know how to worry us, huh?

Reid and Brittney said...

Oh man, I am sorry!! That is crazy and they look so painful, poor guy. I have never seen anything like that, wish I could help!!