For an early 5th Anniversary, we dropped Luke off with the Grandmas, hopped on a big boat and set off for the Mexican Riviera. Maneuvering around Hurricane Rick, we landed at Ensenada, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.
Getting on the Boat... let the relaxation begin!
Our first port was Enseada where we visited La Bufadora (the blowhole), shopped and stopped to enjoy some authentic Mexican cuisine.
A taco shop in Ensenada overlooking to ocean. $1 tacos and fresh guacamole!
Back onboard, the Dining Room was equipped with superb service, great tasting food and nightly entertainment (singing and dancing waiters).
I was able to try new foods that I had never tasted before including lobster (very tasty), strawberry bisque (very good), rack of lamb (so/so) and escargot (yum!). My very favorite was the warm melting cake dessert. I ordered it every night. By the end of the cruise, the waiter would bring it out without me even having to ask.
These are amazing couples that we were seated with at our table. We all got along so well that we would stay and talk at dinner until they kicked us out each night, then head off to karaoke, a show, or to play games.
Just a note, the on-board service was top notch. It was so nice to return to a clean room every time you left it messy, turn down service at night with a chocolate on our pillow, and an array of towel animals. Susan, our room service attendant from Bulgaria, was so sweet and would always greet us (insert dracula-like accent) as
"Mr. & Mrs. Greeeek".
Our next stop was Puerto Vallarta. It was our favorite. Here is the view from our balcony.
At Puerto Vallarta we went on the Extreme Canopy tour which included a high speed boat ride along to coast with stunning views of the rain forrest and million-dollar homes built along the cliffs, an open-jeep tour of the city and country side, mule-rides up the Sierra Madre mountain range, a series of ziplines that sent you over the tree tops, across large valleys and even into a river, a ropes coarse, rappelling down a 100-foot high rushing waterfall and later a 100-foot free fall repel. This excursion was a high light of the vacation. I loved the adrenaline rush and the views were spectacular.


Rob's bug bite war wounds from the rain forrest.
Our last port was Cabo San Lucas where we took a tour or the rock foramtions, snorkeled at Lover's Beach, shopped at the Marina and ate a delicious Mexican meal.
All in all the trip was a success. We did have a super hard time leaving Luke. I worried about him the whole time then returned to realize that he had a blast staying with his grandparents. They spoiled him rotten and he loved every minute of it. We were so excited to see our little guy and could not believe how much he had grown up. THANK YOU so much to Grandma and Grandpa Greer and Grr and Papa for taking such great care of our little man.








5 comments:
that looks SO fun, i am jealous! i hope i can go on a cruise one day! ps could luke be any cuter?!?! i think not:)
When I saw your Mom holding Luke in the hallway at church, I knew you two were up to something! Umm...I don't remember getting an invitation to go on this cruise. We were actually seriously considering doing the same cruise a few months ago and from your pictures and stories, it sounds like it's a winner. I'm looking forward to our own couples retreat-sans kiddos someday. Can you make it to the cupcake party tomorrow at 12:30? And are we still on for Sunday at 4:30?
So fun. I am glad that you got a chance to get away. I love cruises, they are the best vacation and the food is always good. I love the melting cake, we went on a cruise last year and we got a couple of those every night, yum...I want one now. Luke is getting so big, he is such a cutie, you are going to have to beat the girls away!
Sooo glad you guys had fun! Wow...the bug bites, that looks horrible! Glad Luke did good too, that's such a relief. How's his little mouth?
SO glad you had a good trip!
Post a Comment