For the big two-nine, I offered Rob an assortment of big parties and exciting engagements but he opted for the no-fun approach, which contrary to my obsessive desire to plan parties, meant a nice Sunday dinner as a family, a batch of his favorite cookies and a night at home watching zombies. After following through with his request, I now see the wisdom of his years. It was the perfect day away from all the choas of Medical School.
Since this all took place the Sunday before his birthday, I did best to make his birthday Monday special. He didn't have to be at class that monday until later so I took him out to eat at one of my favorite places to eat and one of the best out-of-France French Cafe's, La Papillion. We enjoyed delicious delicacies with our 5th term friends the Durhams. To even my surprise, after our meal they brought out a piece of cheesecake with a sparkler for a candle to wish him a happy birthday. I might have been more excited than Rob because cheesecake is his favorite and it was one thing I was having a hard time finding the ingredients for, so in their random thoughtfulness, they really made his birthday complete.
That night we ate homemade pizza and enjoyed icecream and chocolate chip cookies with the kids. Happiness was had by all.










No comments:
Post a Comment