Happy 38th year of Independence Grenada. I love Grenada's national pride. It is a beautiful thing. This holiday is like Christmas in the fact that everyone starts decorating a month in advance.
The kids play group did a big Independence Parade around SGU's campus. We made a stop at Dr. Rowe's office (the dean of students) then ended for a picnic of Oil Down.
Can you spot us among the yellow, green and red? All four of us are in this picture.
Allison and Austin talking to Dr. Rowe. When the parade went by his office he invited all the kids in to come and jump on his couches. The children flooded into his amazing office as he greeted them, "Come in, I love all my future students." What an amazing dean!
This is Oil Down (before it had been cooked). It is Grenada's national dish. I am not sure what goes into it (local vegetables, meat, sea food, curry, a million random ingredients), but I actually really liked it! I got some delish plantains and chicken in my bowl.
Even the White House was thinking of our little island. Thanks Hillary!
*All pictures courtesy of the talented Joshua Yetman, he is the official photographer of SGU. Check out his work here.














No comments:
Post a Comment