Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lucky Number Seven


I feel like I should start this post "I cannot believe it has been seven years since I married my best friend", but to be honest, I can believe it has been seven years. When I look at what has happened since that rainy, hail-storm, hurricane-warning wedding day seven years ago, it seems like enough adventures to fill a lifetime. Our life has taken many turns that we could not have predicted as newly weds but I am grateful that it hasn't turned out how I expected. It has been so much greater.
To celebrate seven years, Rob took me to dinner at one of the most scenic resorts on the island, La Luna. He even had them prepare a special torch-lit table on the beach in front of the restaurant. It was so beautiful and secluded. All dinner we could hear the waves crashing and feel the ocean breeze as we sat under the moonlit sky. We talked about how years from now we will think back to our 7th anniversary that we celebrated on a Caribbean island.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Congratulations guys! When I saw the title, "Lucky number seven", I thought to myself, " But they only have two kids, how can that be?"

Carly said...

Congratulations on 7 years. Your anniversary looks amazing!