Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Around the Island: Leaper's Hill

Our next stop was at Leaper's Hill. This historic spot is supposedly the location of the Carib's last stand against the French. Instead of surrendering to their European conquers, the last few natives jumped to their deaths. A monument and cemetery mark this point.

A little too close to a reenactment for me...

At least their last view was of beautiful Ronde Island in the distance.

For anyone interested in both medicine and history (nerd!)...

 Leaving the cemetery we found yet another picture-worthy spot. I love the millions of peninsulas that provide such sweeping views.

Then of course some ice cream before we jumped back in the car.





 Goodbye Leapers Hill In Sauteurs, St. Patricks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're gonna think I'm weird for saying this after all those gorgeous pictures, but...that kid next to Luke has the best hair ever!!! Look how perfect those curls are! His parents are so wise to not cut it. Almost makes me wish I kept Colin's long but when it wasn't in the curly mood it just didn't look so hot.