Something that I have come to learn about medical school is how important the other wives are. Our husbands are always studying. Like always. And a girl can go crazy without other adult interaction. This is where these amazing women come in. They are a great support system and since everyone is going through the same thing, we are all good at looking out for each other. Whenever I have needed help, one of them is always right there. I love these girls so much and am grateful for their great attitudes and company and fun.
While the hubbies studied for their finals, we had to figure out a way to stay busy without them, so of course we had to have a real girls night. As this was our last girl's night with Blaire and Emily, who would be moving back to the states for rotations, we had to go all out.
We started with tons of delicious appetizers and desserts.
Then we took turns putting each other's hair in rags. I had never done this before but it was easy and a lot of fun.
Then we had fun taking all sorts of crazy pictures. When I showed Rob all our fun, he said "You girls are so weird". Boys will never understand.
Then we did our Secret Santa Gift Exchange.
Sara had me and made me a delicious fondant Santa Clause cake. It looked perfect and my kids were so excited to see it the next day. Luke asked if he could "Eat Santa's Bum"
I had Lyndzee and since she is staying in Grenada over Christmas break too, I made her an advent calendar. Starting on December 1st she gets to open one each day. Each had chocolates for each member of her family and a scripture and activity about Christ.
Then we goofed off some more before watching a movie.
The next day we all met back together to get a picture with our curly hair. Dang Grenada humidity made a few girl's curls go flat, but some of ours stayed in pretty well. Mine actually looked like I had just curled it, so I will need to try it again.








1 comment:
Putting hair in rags is something I've never done. Is it easier than actually curling it or just a fun, different spin on the same method? I can see pioneer women doing the same thing for a girls night out when the husbands are all serving missions :)
Post a Comment