I am on the Significant Others Board for SGU. My friend Lizzy and I are the Family Coordinators, which means we are in charge of planning events for all the families of students. This has kept us busy (and entertained with all the drama). It has been a nice way to get to know other wives (and a husband) who I would not have otherwise become so close with. Our biggest event of the term is the Fall Festival (Halloween Carnival). After months of planning, it turned out to be a great success. We had over 120 people come. The Festival included two bounce houses, face painting, hand-print spider craft, bowling, pin the nose on the pumpkin, a cake walk, coloring, make-your-own trick-or-treat bag, cookie decorating, yummy/scary refreshments and tick-or-treating to the professors and faculty around SGU's campus. It took a lot of work and I am glad that it is over and have a so much gratitude for everyone who helped by donating and volunteering!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment