After a few days in Arizona, we flew up to Washington state to visit Rob's parents in their mission. We flew into Portland, Oregon so that we could see the west side of their mission, including the Columbia River Gorge. Wow! After seeing all over the world, who knew that some of the most beautiful scenery was in Washington. These pictures are from the great hike they took us on to see Punch Bowl Falls.


We came to these falls and figured they were Punch Bowl Falls...
But then Rob ventured out into the freezing cold water and found the real Punch Bowl Falls up the river.
And of course we all wanted to see it too. The water felt like little knives so we balanced on the rocks in order to keep it from numbing our feet.
Here is a better view. Look familiar? It should :o) I bet many of you have seen it many of times.














3 comments:
Hmm, why would I have seen it before?
No, never been! Washington and Oregon are on my bucket list of US places to go- so beautiful! If I can just do those I would have done all the West Coast states. As for world traveling, Luke's more a pro at it than me!
I've been there! It looks much greener in your pictures than mine, I think I was there in July or even August. It also looks like there might be more water in it now then there was then. I remember the waterfall being much taller.
Post a Comment