We had a blast at Harper's Rainbow Birthday Party on Saturday at Grand Anse Beach. The weather kept switching between raining and sunny. This turned out to be perfect because it cooled the temperature down and between showers (and even during them) people would leave the ramada and go for a swim in the ocean. I attempted an 8-Layer rainbow cake and it was relatively successful, even thought the humidity melted the frosting. I have some amazingly creative friends who all brought something colorful and delicious to share. I could have never done it without their help and we are grateful to have so many thoughtful friends. Thanks everyone for helping Harper have an amazing first birthday!
The Party
The Friends
Since we are all students, and a one year old doesn't care, we opted for a no-present party, instead people brought a treat to share, but we did bring her big gift so that she would have a present to open. This worked out really well because even getting her to open one present was hard.
The Food
Eating the Cake
And very convenient, to clean up, we just took her and her high chair into the ocean to wash off.









10 comments:
so much fun!! this gave me some good food ideas for bentleys party next week! i am sure you are excited to have it all over with!! very cute michelle!!
It was such a fun party! Thanks so much for inviting me! You did such an amazing job on that cake!!!
I think you nailed the birthday party! I love the rainbow idea and the potluck are fantastic! Low key at the beach is awesome. She'll see these picture and know how much she's loved! That cake was fantastic!!
Awe, so adorable! Love the cake! And of course you got some great pictures which I think is the most important part :) Happy Birthday Harper!
AMAZING job on the cake! How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast. By the way, that one guy in one of the pictures resembles Matt Damon a little (at least in that picture anyway). I had to take a double take. Funny!
I loved everything!! Having a rainbow party was a great idea. And that cake... It was amazing!! You are awesome and Harper is lucky to have you for her mommy. Happy Birthday sweetheart!!
oh so fun! Happy Birthday Harper! Looks like the perfect 1st birthday.
That cake is fantastic! I LOVE the rainbow theme! So perfect for a summer island party. Absolutely adorable! I wish I had half your creativity, Michelle!
I just found your blog...Thanks for having us at the party! The pictures look great and I am still in awe of your rainbow cake! I need your and the new girls emails so I can send you guys invites to my blog!
That is the coolest cake I've ever seen!! Happy Birthday Harper!!!
Post a Comment