Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hooray for twenty eleven

Happy New Year!
For New Year's Eve we watched the 6:00 pm fireworks show from our park. What a great idea to have the fireworks at a time when the kids can watch. Then we went home, put the kids to bed and had some friends over to ring in the new year.

Twenty Eleven Goals

2010 was a wild ride for our family and 2011 doesn't seem to be slowing down. We are enjoying life in the fast lane. As we jump into a new year I wanted to set my yearly resolutions/goals. As a habitual breaker of New Year's Goals, I wanted me make mine specific and simple this year, but I get really carried away with resolutions (and obviously run-on sentences), so my first four are ones that are more of a check mark, either I complete them or not, while the others are general and harder to measure but things I want to work on this year.

Don't cut my hair. Simple enough. I am sick of my short hair, so if anyone sees me approaching a hair salon or a pair of scissors, tackle me to the ground.

Family Home Evening every week. No excuses.

Learn to cook the perfect lasagna. If you have a good recipe, send it my way.

Create books from my blog. My blog is the only journal I keep. My sister prints hers out each year and has a library of family history to show for it. I really like this idea but need to get started as I am almost 6 years behind.

Improve my time with my children. Read, sing, create, play outside, teach, read scripture and cuddle EVERYDAY. 

Better define my photography. Spend more time figuring out my style of photography and less time trying to copy others.

Be a better friend. Do a better job of keeping in contact with old friends and a better job and making an effort to serve those around me.

Revamping my cooking. Plan out meals. Make them healthier. Try new recipes.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Jordan makes probably the best lasagna ever! I will have to get you the recipe.

Stephanie Watkins said...

Congrats on starting your new life in England! Your terrible day sounds truly horrific. I almost cried just reading about it. I'm glad to hear that I'm part of your new year's resolution :). I'd love to skype with you sometime!!!

Unknown said...

oh i love your blog updates!!! so glad to see you guys have made it safe. i would love to take your fams pictures, maybe if we were in the same state, or country lol. i dont know how to get started on a blog or website though, any advice?? miss you guys!!! your little harper is seriously the most adorable little thing ever. keep in touch!!

Suzanne said...

love, love, love your blog and seeing your darling family...you and Rob look great too!
...and I love your short hair...not too many gals can pull off short hair like you!