Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/10/10

Luke's actual birthday landed on Sunday, so we saved part of his cake and he blew out candles with Dad over Skype (5pm Az time, 1am Newcastle time). Dad sang and Luke attempted to blow out his candles. His blowing was more like spitting, so he asked Dad for help. Rob blew over the video chat (and I helped over Luke's shoulder). When Luke gets asked about his birthday, he always refers to this moment and tells people "Daddy blew out candle". After cake Luke showed Dad the presents that he got. This included a Buzz lightyear ball. At one point, Luke yelled "Catch Dad" and chucked the ball at the computer screen. Luckily, the Mac withstood the blow and we all had a good laugh.


Luke's birthday was one thing Rob was really bummed about missing. It is a blessing that Luke doesn't really understand and is so excited about Skyping with his Dad. We are just glad this is the only birthday we will have to spend apart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

aww... happy birthday!! this is too cute and heartwarming all at the same time. cant wait for your little family to be reunited!

Britta Mosman said...

Oh, too cute! Thank goodness for technology!! and great Luke is young enough to not notice.

Ralae said...

So cute! I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog, you've been busy. I bet you guys miss Rob like crazy. When do you get to join him? Jon Mark is talking about becoming a JAG officer after law school (attorney for the army). He would have to be stationed in Afghanistan for six months. I don't know if I could do that or not.

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

So cute! I about cried when I saw that Rob missed Luke's birthday (last post). Sorry Charlotte's so hard to sing along to Luke -she tends to skip a couple of letters. He'll have to fill her in on how it really goes!