Ah, I vote that everyday should be mother's day. French toast, a personal maid slash babysitter, and a new sewing machine: this is the life (thanks hubby). Wow, Mother's Day rocks and is even better when it ends with a exhausted husband who says "I am glad Mother's Day is over because it is hard work doing all the stuff you normally do all day long." Yes, welcome to the busy, can't clock in and out, work of a mom. Well, I must say that Mother's Day does have a different meaning to me now that I am actually a mom. Of course because I've got a little boy of my own, but also because my appreciation for good mothers has grown substantially. As I stay home with Luke and keep the house in order, I stand in amazement of all the other stay-at-home moms who are able to do all that AND grow gardens, decorate their homes, sew adorable clothes for their kids, cook tasty meals, start smart businesses, go to spinning classes, teach preschool, read stacks of books, work from home, run really long races and even save the world. Between my super active mom, my wonderfully social mother-in-law, my perfect-mom sister and all of you amazing, do everything mothers, I've got a lot of learning to do and some pretty high goals. Way to make being a mom the coolest thing ever!!!








2 comments:
sounds like a GREAT Mother's Day!! I'm glad you had a good one:) and I'm jealous you got a sewing machine! I have been wanting one of those for several years now.
You are a great mum and I stand all amazed at the great mothers my daughters are.
Post a Comment