Monday, October 13, 2008

BABY LUKE IS HERE

Lucas Dare Greer
Born Friday, October 10th at 6:03 am
6 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long

I went into the hospital at 7am on Thursday morning to be induced. My body did not respond to the pitocin, so Rob and I basically played cards and watched movies for the first 10 hours. At 7pm my doctor came and broke my water. Then the labor actually began. 11 hours later we had our precious baby boy. The labor and delivery went really well. We were able to enjoy the birth with our moms and Rob was the best delivery coach. Seeing Luke for the first time was the most amazing feeling in the world. Rob and I were instantly in love with him.
We love our little boy so much and cannot get enough of him.

21 comments:

Winter said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for you. I'm glad delivery went well. He's just a little guy, but 21 inches that's pretty long. Maybe you won't have to adopt a Kenyan to get your basketball payer. :) We can't wait to meet him. He's adorable!!

Cherie said...

He is so cute. We love our newest addition to our family sooooo much. GRRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! I am sooooooo excited for you!
I've been waiting anxiously for an update.
That stinks that you had to labor all night though. Still, of course you look wonderful in your afterbirth pic (not fair, by the way).
Luke is adorable! Congrats again, new mommy and daddy!

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Woo hoo. He is so cute! Welcome to the club. Call me anytime.

Heather said...

Hey, congratulations you guys! He is just so sweet :)

fuz&michelle said...

congratulations! We are so excited for you! (maybe a little jealous he is already here :)) Can't wait to see him!

Jonathan said...

Congrats guys!

Anonymous said...

I like your hat Rob.

-Rod from upstairs

Krystal said...

He is so precioius! What a doll. Congrats Michelle. You're mommy!!! Love and miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

HI! I love Baby Luke and Eric and Elise are SO excited! We love you guys! CONGRATULATIONS! Love Mary, Lance, Elise and Eric

Amanda said...

Awe! I need to see him! He looks so precious...perfect little face! Congratulations!

NateDee said...

Congrats Rob and Michelle. We are very excited for you.

The Turner Family said...

Oh so sweet! You look great for just having a baby too! I would love to take pics of your new baby. check out my blog-some of my photography is on there. www.turner-familytimes.blogspot.com

The Turner Family said...

so sweet. I would love to take pictures of your baby. Check out my blog some photos I have taken are on there. www.turner-familytimes.blogspot.com

James & Tara Huish said...

Congratulations you guys! I just have a feeling that you guys are going to be the BEST parents. I really mean it! He is just so cute and I got watery eyes just seeing his cute little face! (Very dangerous, because the last thing I need is to be baby hungry again!). So cute! My Dad, e-mailed me to tell me the good news so I was glad I found your blog! Congratulations you guys!

Love ya!
Tara

Amy G. said...

so sweet! i'm glad we got to catch him on our way out of town! let me know if you need anything at all...i've got the bijorn and snuzzler still if you want to borrow them. let me know.

btw, you look stunning in that first picture! so not fair...and so not typical (for me anyway)!

Katie and Erik said...

Congrats Mikki and Rob.
He looks just like his uncle. You must feel very lucky. This means that he will be very sucsessfull, and quite the ladies man.
Erik

Katie and Erik said...

Congrats Mikki and Rob,
He's very cute and has a striking resemblance of His uncle. this must mean that he will be very sucsessful and bright.
Erik

Alishia said...

Congratulations! He's adorable!! I can't wait to see him. Gosh, you really do forget how tiny they are. What a cutie!

Paola said...

YAAAY!!! Congrats Michelle my belle! :)

Kristi said...

Michelle and Rob! My sister Angee (Hepworth) Colvin said you had a baby, so I hunted down your blog! How cute is he?!?! Michelle, you look absolutely beautiful! Steve and I recently became parents too. Crazy how they are really yours, huh? There is nothing like it. Congrats!