So I love my car. It is a 1997 Toyota Camry. It is falling apart at the seams, but we have stuck it out together through thick and thin. I feel I owe it to my old friend to drive it as long as possible. It may be nearing the 150,000 mile mark, but each month that passes that I do not have to make a car payment, the more I love it.
Here are a few things that give me car "character"...
Anti-theft security device: Handle came off in my hand when I was getting in the car one day. While it does take skill to get the door open, especially after one has just lotioned their hands, I know that my car has an added level of security for anyone who wants to break in.
Detachable side mirror: Very handy when having to fit through small spaces, even if it does have to be reattached with tape every few weeks.
Already Scratched Paint: The fact that I can hit Rob's truck (or random posts around our house) and no one notices because the paint is already so scratched is priceless!
LONG LIVE THE CAMRY!








3 comments:
i, too loved that car and was very sad to see it go (especially since that meant being left with a 2-door, 1 kid and a very pregnant belly...hence the accord...hurray!). i think i may have even helped with the "character" aspect...that paint job looks familiar :)
I think that the Camry deserves a nickname a this point.
When we were first married and both making minimum wage and tried to stay afloat, we both drove Toyotas. They last forever!! And ever!! And ever!! I agree that the car deserves a nickname. My first car came from your dear father-in-law and we called it the "RAT"! That says everything!
Post a Comment