Saturday, May 31, 2008

CAMELBACK KICKED MY TRASH

For Memorial Day, I thought it would be a good idea to hike (climb) Camelback Mountain. I used to run up those rocky trails when I was little so I figured it was pretty easy. Not taking into account that I was pregnant, Rob and I started up the mountain at a quick pace. I soon learned that that was not going to work. Every time we would get to a tough spot, Rob would quickly scale it and then patiently wait for me at the top as I clumsily maneuvered the rocks. Climbing up steep parts on all fours really took it out of me and we had to turn back about half way up the mountain as the temperature started to soar. Although we didn't make it to the top, we did get some pretty nice views of the valley. 
This isn't the last you've seen of me Camelback!!!


No comments: